Wow this is pretty amazing. The Jetsons told us we would have flying cars in the new millennium and here it is. You can buy yourself one of these Terrafugia car / plane combos for only $200,000 – $250,000. Pre-order now with a $10,000 deposit.
Some quick notes:
- It works now and you can order one
- Uses high octane car gasoline from regular gas stations
- Take off and land at any small airport (or highway I suppose)
- Same size as a large car – park in your garage
- Can fly 725 km at about 185 km/h
- Wings fold up in 30 seconds
Full details and contact information on their website http://terrafugia.com
Here are some videos of this amazing vehicle actually driving, flying and folding up its wings. My birthday is coming up in a few months – if anyone is stuck for gift ideas for me…. hint hint.
The promo video
COO Anna Mracek Dietrich keynote address to the Women in Aviation International 2010 Conference
Here it is taking off, flying and landing