LinkedIn stats are out for January 2011 and they are huge again. Here is a summary of the key metrics:
- 101,000,000 members worldwide
- 70% of LinkedIn members are aged 25-54
- Almost 50% of LinkedIn members are in N America and 25% in Europe
- 44 million users in USA and 4 million users in Canada
- In N America, the split is sort of event between companies <1,000 employees, companies 1,000 – 10,000 employees and >10,000 employees
- Slide 10 has an excellent breakdown of use by industry type
- Slide 12 has a similar breakdown by job function
- LinkedIn is used by 69 of the Fortune 100 companies
See the complete demographic breakdown in this SlideShare presentation.
Credit: Amodiovalerio Verde
If you need help getting your LinkedIn profile completed and looking good, or if you need to get your Company Page set up and optimized, just call me.
See my LinkedIn profile here http://www.linkedin.com/in/laurentmunier